This is the fun part! Whether you are borrowing an outfit from our wardrobe closet or choosing your own clothing, take time to plan things out. Good choices can take an image to a new level. Always feel free to contact me if you need styling suggestions. In the meantime, here are a few guidelines that can help you with your choices:
- Coordinate, but don’t match! Choose 2 colors and use shades/tones within those colors. If you feel like you need more variety, add a third color, but limit it to accent pieces.
- Start with the hardest person to dress. Once you find something you love for that person, build off of that.
- Stick to solids and subtle patterns. You don’t want to distract from your subject – your family!
- Avoid large patterns, stripes, and chunky accessories.
- Remember to iron or press your outfits before your session.
- Check your socks – they may show in your photos, so make sure they match.
- Your clothing should fit properly. This can make or break an image.
- Once you have chosen your outfits, lay all the pieces together and make sure you like what you see. Feel free to send me a snapshot if you need some feedback!